Definición de perissodactyl en inglés:
A mammal of the order Perissodactyla, such as a horse or rhinoceros.
- Both the perissodactyls and artiodactyls underwent a period of rapid evolution during the Miocene.
- The perissodactyls were once much more numerous.
- The number of teeth is variable, but in many species it is smaller than the number found in perissodactyls.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to or denoting perissodactyls.
- Most perissodactyl lineages went extinct in the late Eocene or Oligocene.
- The horse's single toe on each of its four feet is its most marked anatomical characteristic and makes it a perissodactyl or odd-toed ungulate.
- It actually says, "A solid-hoofed perissodactyl ungulate mammal" which may not be any more satisfactory, but is certainly more thorough.
Definición de perissodactyl en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan