- This form, upon which our modern atria are based, was enclosed on all sides by buildings with roofs sloping to a columned peristyle or walkway around a courtyard.
- The original building comprised a courtyard of enormous size with a full peristyle of eight columns on a side.
- The presence of gardens and especially of a peristyle make one think of a domus, or patrician residence.
- One should perceive a bit further in the distance the colonnade forming the peristyle of the temple of Berecynthia.
- Portraits of famous Greek and Roman poets, orators, and statesmen filled libraries and peristyles.
- She often spent her days in the peristyle, reading or playing the harp.
Early 17th century: from French péristyle, from Latin peristylum, from Greek peristulon, from peri- 'around' + stulos 'pillar'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: peri|style
Definición de peristyle en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.