Definición de peristyle en inglés:
1A row of columns surrounding a space within a building such as a court or internal garden or edging a veranda or porch.
- This form, upon which our modern atria are based, was enclosed on all sides by buildings with roofs sloping to a columned peristyle or walkway around a courtyard.
- The original building comprised a courtyard of enormous size with a full peristyle of eight columns on a side.
- The presence of gardens and especially of a peristyle make one think of a domus, or patrician residence.
1.1A space such as a court or porch that is surrounded or edged by a peristyle.
- One should perceive a bit further in the distance the colonnade forming the peristyle of the temple of Berecynthia.
- Portraits of famous Greek and Roman poets, orators, and statesmen filled libraries and peristyles.
- She often spent her days in the peristyle, reading or playing the harp.
Definición de peristyle en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan