- With no money, job, or permanent address, the future looked bleak for Lisa and baby Nicole.
- The berthing piers would remain as a permanent feature of the development of tourism in St Lucia.
- It remains a permanent monument to the academic aspect of elasticity.
- Was his permanent rage going to be banked by a great outpouring of slavering goodwill?
- The advantages of permanent representation abroad included practicality and continuity.
- We shall need permanent vigilance and constant efforts to spread democratic involvement.
- Problem-solving perms re-texturize hair, adding body, wave, movement and volume, but to call them permanents is a misnomer.
- Hairstyling, teasing, coloring, permanents, and the use of hair spray are supported.
- Also, hair sprays, hair color, and permanents will not make you lose more hair.
Late Middle English: from Latin permanent- 'remaining to the end' (perhaps via Old French), from per- 'through' + manere 'remain'.
Permanent is from Latin permanent- ‘remaining to the end’ from per- ‘through’ and manere ‘remain’. The abbreviation perm in hairdressing dates from the 1920s, a shortening of ‘permanent wave’, a process that had been introduced only a few years earlier. Before that people had to curl their hair with hot tongs, or use the late 19th century marcel wave, named after François Marcel Grateau (1852–1936), the French hairdresser who invented the method.
Palabras que riman con permanentimpermanent
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: per¦man|ent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.