Definición de perpendicular en inglés:
- The minor axis is perpendicular to the plane of rotation of the galaxy.
- Then, since both semicircles are perpendicular to the plane ABC, so is their line of intersection QN.
- Subsequently, one defines planes perpendicular to such lines, positioning them at the midpoint between the connected particles.
- Most people touring the 302-square-kilometre Lushan National Park will be unruffled when they stand in front of perpendicular cliffs and look down on deep valleys.
- It now is closed off by the forestry and is about four feet from the edge of a cliff which has a perpendicular drop of 700 ft overlooking the Masshill road.
- The elevation of the Planalto exceeds 1000 m at the eastern end close to the Atlantic coast, and the Serra Geral facing the east forms a perpendicular cliff.
- The cruciform church has huge Perpendicular windows, which until the C18 retained their medieval stained glass.
- The cathedral is the former Perpendicular parish church, reconstructed in 1880, with further extensions completed in 1966.
- This was unusual: a concave-sided pyramid roof supporting a high flèche rising above a Perpendicular gothic square tower to create a profile curiously reminiscent of the Empire State Building.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- From the vertices of ABC drop perpendiculars on the transversal.
- Roughly 50-60% of the cool air coming in is diverted by the perpendiculars of the optical and/or hard drives.
- In other words, x-axis consists of the feet of the perpendiculars from the focus to the tangents to the parabola.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- According to him, the chair, which is a version of Rietveld's chair, is a formal one, which represents perpendicularity and horizontality.
- In a 22-km/h breeze it was remarkable what perpendicularity the guy on the controls could achieve.
- It must be possible to train your mind to handle this extra perpendicularity.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Keeping the torso vertical, take a step rearward lowering the body perpendicularly to the floor.
- If you whack at a stalk perpendicularly, I learned, your machete simply bounces back.
- This enzyme is composed of two distinct subcomplexes, arranged perpendicularly to each other in an L-shaped structure, which undergo independent assembly.
Those who remember school geometry lessons involving instructions to ‘drop a perpendicular’ may not be surprised to find that the source of this word is Latin perpendiculum ‘plumb line’, formed from per- ‘through’ and pendere ‘to hang’. The first recorded use of the loosened sense ‘very steep’ is found in Shakespeare's ‘That sprightly Son of Scots, Douglas, that runs a-horseback up a hill perpendicular’ (Henry IV, Part I, Act 2 scene 5).
Palabras que riman con perpendicularauricular, curricula, curricular, diverticula, funicular, lenticular, navicular, particular, vehicular, vermicular
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.