- A condition in which a medical patient is completely unresponsive to psychological and physical stimuli and displays no sign of higher brain function, being kept alive only by medical intervention.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Common syndromes of impaired consciousness include stupor, coma, persistent vegetative state, and brain death.
- Thus, she considers patients in a persistent vegetative state to be alive.
- This is the most extreme form of brain damage and is called a persistent vegetative state.
Más definiciones de persistent vegetative stateDefinición de persistent vegetative state en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.