- A person who is not white or of European parentage: more women, more people of colour, and more immigrants will enter the workforceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For the purposes of this article, an interracial family is defined as any partnership between a white person, a person of color, and their offspring.
- In the years preceding our new strategy, we had been a department of nine or ten white people and one person of color.
- I don't think I've ever been in a place where every single service-worker was a person of colour or obviously a new immigrant.
The term person of colour is first recorded at the end of the 18th century. It was revived in the 1990s as the recommended term to use in some official contexts, especially in US English, to refer to a person who is not white. The term is not common in general use, however, where terms such as non-white are still used.
Más definiciones de person of colourDefinición de person of colour en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.