- 1 [attributive] Belonging to or affecting a particular person rather than anyone else: her personal fortune was recently estimated at £37 millionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But I decided not to be embarrassed by my illness and to record my experiences on a personal website, for anyone to read.
- He is working the streets as hard as anyone, buoyed by a huge personal fortune.
- For 200 years prior to this, the garden relied on personal book collections belonging to the various keepers of the garden.
- 1.1Done or made by a particular person; involving the actual presence or action of a particular individual: the President and his wife made personal appearances for the re-election of the state governorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Each individual will receive a personal letter of apology, acknowledging the harm caused by the process.
- It's not my personal presence here that will bring the disease under control, but bearing down on the disease to eliminate it.
- Both our days are outrageously improved by actual personal contact.
- 2Of or concerning one’s private life, relationships, and emotions rather than one’s career or public life: the book describes his sporting career and gives little information about his personal lifeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He is much less certain and dogmatic talking about emotions and personal relationships.
- The relationship between a political figure's personal life and his public career is a tricky one.
- Their argument is that nothing is too personal or private for public discourse.
- 2.1Referring to an individual’s character, appearance, or private life in an inappropriate or offensive way: he had the cheek to make personal remarksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's very rude to relay personal remarks, but I've made a career out of it - so why stop now?
- I suggest that it is time you made a ruling on that, and said that those sorts of personal insinuations are inappropriate.
- He decided to get very personal and to refer to my own marriage.
- 3Relating to a person’s body: personal hygieneMás ejemplos en oraciones
- On some Tory blog's comment section this is a cue for speculating about personal hygiene of and body hair on greenies.
- As a youngster he has overcome racism and through his life there have been enough personal body blows to ensure that he appreciates the good in his world.
- I put it down to the fact that as he's Italian the encroaching of personal body space was just something that came with the territory.
- 5 Theology Existing as a self-aware entity, not as an abstraction or an impersonal force: he rejected the notion of a personal GodMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We must, then, somehow think of God as both personal and impersonal, and in one sense, it would seem, this presents no difficulty.
- I was also able to make contact with spiritual entities personal to me, even explore some past life stuff a bit.
- Goethe's Faust reminds us forever that the devil is personal, not impersonal.
sustantivo(usually personals) chiefly North American Volver al principio
- An advertisement or message in the personal column of a newspaper.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They found each other through a personals advertisement Ehud placed in an Indian newspaper.
- You know the drill: we look for the creepiest, sleaziest ads in the Leader newspaper personals and you kiddies get to vote for the worst one.
- Jacob, a 30-something guy advertised in a personals magazine and thought he had found his partner.
late Middle English: from Old French, from Latin personalis 'of a person', from persona (see person).