Definición de pervade en inglés:
1(Especially of a smell) spread through and be perceived in every part of: a smell of stale cabbage pervaded the air
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tall chimneys spew out long fingers of white smoke, the smell of dinner pervading the night air.
- Instead, all they have to do is follow their nose - the sweet, strong smell pervades the entire gallery.
- If they open their windows, the smell pervades their homes and lingers there for a long time.
spread through, permeate, fill, suffuse, be diffused through, diffuse through, imbue, penetrate, pass through, filter through, percolate through, infuse, perfuse, extend throughout, be disseminated through, flow through, run through;
1.1Be present and apparent throughout: the sense of crisis which pervaded Europe in the 1930s
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They are derivative works, and this weakness just pervades them throughout.
- Disbelief, anger, worry and fear now pervade rural communities throughout the country.
- I think that managers have got to have a better understanding of the discrimination issues that pervade throughout the service at the present time.
Mid 17th century (also in the sense 'traverse'): from Latin pervadere, from per- 'throughout' + vadere 'go'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He just said: ‘In this virtual world, the pervasion of indecent information is inevitable.’
- People have begun to realize that the pervasion of law into every layer of life calls for a specialized and ethical legal profession.
- It also goes to show Russia in a light other than the stock images of communism, deprivation and Mafia pervasion.
Palabras que riman con pervadeabrade, afraid, aid, aide, ambuscade, arcade, balustrade, barricade, Belgrade, blade, blockade, braid, brigade, brocade, cannonade, carronade, cascade, cavalcade, cockade, colonnade, crusade, dissuade, downgrade, enfilade, esplanade, evade, fade, fusillade, glade, grade, grenade, grillade, handmade, harlequinade, homemade, invade, jade, lade, laid, lemonade, limeade, made, maid, man-made, marinade, masquerade, newlaid, orangeade, paid, palisade, parade, pasquinade, persuade, raid, serenade, shade, Sinéad, staid, stockade, stock-in-trade, suede, tailor-made, they'd, tirade, trade, Ubaid, underpaid, undismayed, unplayed, unsprayed, unswayed, upbraid, upgrade, wade
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India