- So his decision to show the way last night smacked of a perverse desire to prove something to himself and the world.
- I always have this perverse but burning desire to be scared, and it's hard for me to achieve this goal simply because it's hard for me to get scared.
- But I have this perverse desire to be shaved with a cut-throat razor - by an expert.
- There is sometimes in us a perverse refusal to accept or to believe in good, a deep-seated, hardened refusal which belittles or despises good.
- It is perverse because everyone accepts that regular exercise helps reduce the risk of heart attacks, high blood pressure, obesity and even depression.
- Now, this standard has a certain perverse appeal, at least if we felt it would be universally followed.
- Where, however, a jury reaches a perverse verdict on the evidence, it is open to the Court of Appeal, to reverse that verdict.
- It could only do so if satisfied that the decision was so perverse that the judge must have fallen into error.
- It is a perverse verdict and it is a miscarriage of justice in relation to costs.
- Donny saw the look of perverse pleasure on his neighbor's face as his mother bent over to pick up the keys.
- Colapinto portrays Money as opportunistic, manipulative, condescending, violent, and even perverse.
- But conservative groups have condemned multi-stall unisex toilets as unnecessary and perverse.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This is partly because he is compassionate about the suffering of ordinary Europeans, but also exasperated by their masochism and perverseness.
- What distinguishes his recent work is an almost maternal sympathy for the perverseness of the human animal - and the twists in its fate.
- Such Delphic obscurity was not inspired by mere perverseness.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'turned away from what is right or good'): from Old French pervers(e), from Latin perversus 'turned about', from the verb pervertere (see pervert).
Palabras que riman con perverseamerce, asperse, averse, biodiverse, burse, coerce, converse, curse, diverse, Erse, hearse, immerse, intersperse, nurse, perse, purse, reimburse, submerse, terce, terse, transverse, verse, worse
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.