- (Until the introduction of the euro in 2002) the basic monetary unit of Spain, equal to 100 centimos.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- An international businessman might live in US dollars, but if the purpose of the account is to buy a house in Spain, his portfolio currency is actually pesetas.
- When I go through my old lira, pesetas, francs and drachma, I am reminded of the true meaning of being ‘in the Navy,’ and seeing something unique outside the United States.
- What is Spain without the peseta, France without the franc, what would America be without the dollar, even the old IR for the Irish pound had a characteristic all its own.
Spanish, diminutive of pesa 'weight', from Latin pensa 'things weighed', from the verb pendere 'weigh'.
Más definiciones de pesetaDefinición de peseta en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.