- And I used cardamom seeds that I crushed in my pestle and mortar, rather than ready-ground.
- With a mortar and pestle, crush the thyme, garlic, and peppercorns and place in a large saucepan.
- In indigenous villages, women often make the tortillas the traditional way by grinding corn with a rounded pestle on a flat lava stone called a piedra or metate.
- The homogenate was further macerated with quartz sand (at a ratio of quartz sand to denaturing solution of 16.7-33.3 mg ml - 1) in a mortar with a pestle in a draft chamber.
- The dolomite powder was milled in a mechanical mortar and pestle for several hours, resulting in an average grain size of about 2 ìm.
- When well done, sticky rice is placed in mortar to pestle.
- So then I fried the bacon until impossibly crisp, crumbled some on my salad, placed the rest in a mortar and proceeded to pestle the remainder.
piston from early 18th century:
The Latin pistullum meant pestle (Middle English) and is the source of the botanical pistil (early 18th century) from its similar shape. From the same source Italian formed pestone for a large pestle or rammer, and this, via French, is the source of piston.
Palabras que riman con pestleBessel, nestle, redressal, trestle, vessel, wrestle
Definición de pestle en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.