Definición de petechia en inglés:
sustantivo (plural petechiae /-kɪiː/)Medicine
A small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin.
- Bruising, petechiae, epistaxis, bleeding gums, excessive menses, retinal hemorrhages, intestinal bleeding, and rarely cerebral hemorrhage may occur as manifestations of the thrombocytopenia.
- On day + 5, the patient developed fever, pneumonia, upper and lower respiratory and upper gastrointestinal bleeding, and diffuse skin petechiae.
- The external autopsy examination revealed anasarca with ascites, jaundice, diffuse petechiae and purpura, and a presacral decubitus ulcer.
- Example sentences
- In the third of these 3 patients, an adult who died with a petechial rash and underlying diabetes, clostridial meningitis was diagnosed.
- Rashes can be categorized as maculopapular (centrally and peripherally distributed), petechial, diffusely erythematous with desquamation, vesiculobullous-pustular and nodular.
- Severe respiratory illness, petechial hemorrhages of the skin and bowel, anemia, and leukopenia justified the name ‘alimentary toxic aleukia.’
Definición de petechia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan