- 1A dandy or fop.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Current aesthetic values remind me more of the post-French Revolution "petit-maîtres" than anything, a word that has negative connotations in French and Spanish (petimetre).
- Cusset poses the question: "In this frivolous world of marquises, vicomtes, roués, and petit-maîtres who seem to be oblivious to any other reality than pleasure, is anything relevant for us today?"
- 2A minor musician, writer, or other artist.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The exhibition introduces drawings by some of the petit-maîtres - 18th-century French artists who concentrated on drawing rather than painting.
French, literally 'little master'.