1A mild form of epilepsy characterized by brief spells of unconsciousness without loss of posture. Compare with grand mal.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This led in particular to a more detailed differentiation and classification of epilepsy, including terms still in use today, such as grand mal, petit mal, absence seizures, and status epilepticus.
- Doctors dispelled the depression as an extensive form of epilepsy, petit mal.
- The terms seizure and convulsion include grand mal, petit mal, absence, myoclonic, tonic-clonic, and focal motor seizures and signs.
1.1 [count noun] A petit mal epileptic fit: he wasn’t out of his petit mal yet
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I myself had pediatric petit mal epilepsy (It cleared as I went through puberty), and when I had my first long lasting seizure it was actually pretty undramatic.
- We're not too sure whether James had a petit mal seizure, (he suffers from epilepsy), on the bus on the way home from his post school option program.
- A is epileptic; he had daily petit mal seizures as a child which would case memory loss, so he is an unreliable witness.
Late 19th century: from French, literally 'little sickness'.
Palabras que riman con petit malAl, bacchanal, cabal, canal, Chagall, Chantal, chaparral, gal, grand mal, Guadalcanál, Hal, La Salle, mall, Natal, pal, pall-mall, sal, shall, Val
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: petit mal
Definición de petit mal en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda