- A vacuole in the cytoplasm of a cell, containing a phagocytosed particle enclosed within a part of the cell membrane.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The researchers engineer a BCG strain that secretes the listeriolysin protein, which punches holes in the membranes of phagosomes where M. tuberculosis is located, allowing better T cell-mediated immunity.
- The process of phagocytosis continues until the bacterium is completely internalized, surrounded by membrane in the phagosome.
- After internalization of organisms into phagosomes, secondary lysosomes are fused to form the complete parasitophorus vacuole.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Failure of mycobacteria to survive in the absence of specific iron uptake system suggests the scarcity of this important nutrient in phagosomal environment 59.
- Electrons are transferred from cytoplasmic NADPH to oxygen on the phagosomal side of the membrane, generating the so-called reactive oxygen species, e.g., superoxide, hydrogen peroxide, hydroxyl radical, and singlet oxygen.
- The lack of urease C allows phagosomal acidification and provides an ideal pH environment for listeriolysin.
Más definiciones de phagosomeDefinición de phagosome en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.