plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The branch of pharmacology concerned with the effect of genetic factors on reactions to drugs.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Therapeutics also needs to be studied in relationship to genetic factors, i.e., pharmacogenetics.
- The identification of specific genetic variations that underpin cardiovascular disease is providing new opportunities for diagnostic testing, pharmacogenetics, and drug development.
- In addition to providing patients specific anticancer drug therapies, pharmacogenetics will aid in the clinician's ability to predict adverse reactions before they occur and identify the potentials for complications.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is, however, difficult to predict to what extent the pharmaceutical industry will routinely incorporate pharmacogenetic testing into prescribing schedules for drugs that are subject to polymorphic metabolism.
- For the near future these issues will probably remain the focus of genetic medicine in primary care, but this could shift if pharmacogenetic research fulfils even some of its early promises.
- Knowledge and understanding of various polymorphisms, including that of the 2 adrenoceptor and leucotriene C4 synthase, has led to the study of pharmacogenetic determinants that may influence the response to treatment in asthma.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pharma¦co|gen¦et¦ics
Definición de pharmacogenetics en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda