Definición de pharmacy en inglés:
sustantivo (plural pharmacies)
- Individual tablets are being sold in pharmacies without appropriate diagnosis or supervision.
- At the doses recommended on products available in pharmacies and health food shops, the ingredients appear to be safe.
- They can be bought over-the-counter at pharmacies and health food shops.
- As Langenheim demonstrates, the list of uses of resins in folk medicine and pharmacy alone is huge.
- Ever mindful of his training in pharmacy he did not fail to criticise what he saw as defects in The London Pharmacopoeia.
Pharmacy was originally the administration of drugs, and comes from Old French farmacie, via medieval Latin from Greek pharmakeia ‘practice of the druggist’, based on pharmakon ‘drug’. Pharmaceutical came into English in the mid 17th century. In modern times new developments have led to word coinages based on this word such as the 1990s pharming, punning on ‘farming’, for genetically engineered plants and animals raised to produce pharmaceuticals.
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.