Definición de pharyngealize en inglés:
verbo[with object] Phonetics
Articulate (a speech sound) with constriction of the pharynx.
- But when you pharyngealise [A] (or [a]), you get a narrowing in the throat (instead of at a (labio-)palatal or a labio-velar one), of course.
- I've tried and subsequently failed to velarise, uvularise, & pharyngealise those sounds.
- Example sentences
- Velarization and pharyngealization can also both be marked by a tilde through the consonant, as we have seen in the symbol for the dark 'l'.
- Laryngeal sphinctering is required for pharyngealization, usually with larynx raising.
Definición de pharyngealize en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan