Definición de phaser en inglés:
1A device that alters a sound signal by phasing it.
- In the phase processing circuit 200, a phaser 214 varies the phase of the signal in accordance with its frequency, and a phase inverter 218 inverts the phase of the phase-varied signal by 90°.
- Phasers can be used to slightly modulate or heavily distort the signal spectrum.
- There was also a stereo drum loop, and the mix included six reverbs, four resonant filters, three phasers, two delays, two choruses, one EQ and MOTU's powerful MasterWorks multiband compression.
2(In science fiction) a weapon that delivers a beam that can stun or annihilate.
- From the phasers, transporters and warp engines of the original series to the plasma conduits and microfusion of the 24th Century, we boldly explore where Star Trek can go next.
- The usual phaser and Star Wars related sound effects are all present and accounted for and the soundtrack is pulled straight from the movie.
- ‘Directed-energy’ pulses can be throttled up or down depending on the situation, much like the phasers on ‘Star Trek’ could be set to kill or merely stun.
Definición de phaser en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary