Definición de phenol en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
1A mildly acidic toxic white crystalline solid obtained from coal tar and used in chemical manufacture, and in dilute form (under the name carbolic) as a disinfectant.
- Chemical formula: C6H5OH
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Industrially, benzene is used in the manufacture of nylon, phenol, styrene (and by polymerization polystyrene), and cyclohexane.
- Believing that not all samples of aniline oil worked consistently, Ziehl substituted phenol (carbolic acid) in its place.
- He cited examples of two key raw materials namely phenol and aniline, which are required to manufacture leather chemicals, pigments, dyestuff and rubber chemicals.
1.1 [count noun] Any compound with a hydroxyl group linked directly to a benzene ring: many of these molecules are phenols
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Furfural reacts with phenols, ketones, and esters as an aldehyde; removal of the aldehyde group yields furan, which is converted to tetrahydrofuran, used in the manufacture of nylon.
- The warmer operating temperature of ale yeast encourages a faster, more vigorous fermentation that creates aromatic compounds known as phenols and esters.
- Sebacic acid can be synthesized from phenols and cresols, but castor oil oxidation is considered a ‘greener’ process.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The diazonium salt can also be reacted and joined to phenolic groups and amines to give azo compounds.
- Other natural antimicrobials include the phenolic compounds thymol, found in thyme, oregano and sage, and eugenol, the main flavour ingredient of cloves and allspice.
- Varnishes may be based on phenolic, alkyd, epoxy or polyurethane resins.
Mid 19th century: from French phénole, based on phène 'benzene'.
Definición de phenol en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda