Definición de philanthropic en inglés:
(Of a person or organization) seeking to promote the welfare of others; generous and benevolent: they receive financial support from philanthropic bodies
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But she's a philanthropic person - her charitable foundation's done a lot of work.
- For much of our history medical care was delivered by religious organisations or philanthropic individuals and institutions.
- There are philanthropic organizations that raise money from the public and channel it to needy parents.
charitable, generous, benevolent, humanitarian, public-spirited, altruistic, socially concerned, magnanimous, munificent, open-handed, bountiful, liberal, ungrudging, unstinting, generous to a fault, beneficent, benignant, caring, compassionate, solicitous, unselfish, selfless, humane, kind, kind-hearted, big-hearted
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He did do good things, and was a very good friend - a very philanthropically minded person and a liberal spirit in an incredibly reactionary age.
- The vast sums that flew in and out of his accounts, he said in a classic Burkism, were ‘walking around money’, to be spent philanthropically while touring his constituency.
- TarraWarra was Australia's first philanthropically funded public museum, a gift by Eva and Marc Besen of Melbourne who raided their private collection to start it.
Palabras que riman con philanthropicectopic, gyroscopic, heliotropic, horoscopic, isotopic, isotropic, kaleidoscopic, macroscopic, microscopic, misanthropic, myopic, phototropic, telescopic, topic, tropic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán