An extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something: she suffered from a phobia about birds
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Irrational fears and phobias, for example, are essentially habits of mind that we acquire, not feelings we were born with.
- It accounts for most of our fears, even our likes and dislikes, and phobias.
- It is certainly possible to argue that neurotic symptoms, like phobias or obsessions, are strictly determined.
abnormal fear, irrational fear, obsessive fear, fear, dread, horror, terror, dislike, hatred, loathing, detestation, distaste, aversion, antipathy, revulsion, repulsion;
spectre, bugbear, bogey, nightmare, bête noire;
late 18th century: independent usage of -phobia.
phobic adjetivo& sustantivo
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Symptoms responding included anxiety, frequency and severity of panic attacks, and phobic fear and avoidance.
- The women were asked about experiences of depressive, phobic, panic-related, obsessive-compulsive, and social anxiety symptoms in the past 12 months.
- Overall, it appears that anxious and phobic individuals have more difficulty suppressing unwanted thoughts than do nonanxious individuals.