Definición de phonotactics en inglés:
plural sustantivo[treated as singular]
The study of the rules governing the possible phoneme sequences in a language.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- These figures reflect French syllable structure constraints (phonotactics) more closely than English, which does permit most consonants and even allows multiple consonants at the ends of syllables.
- The answer is, I don't know, though I once listened to a lecture on the phonotactics of comic-book sounds in Finnish, and I have passed many a happy hour in foreign train stations reading the comics noises in diverse languages.
- So there will be words that always always have schwa in them, just exactly where you'd predict based on the phonotactics.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A few of them look like they are generated randomly without regard to phonotactic constraints.
- But in terms of syllable structure, the phonotactic constraints of French are winning out over English.
- Consequently, we need to scrutinize next the role of prosody, as well as the role of the word, syllable, and phonotactic nature of children's speech.
Definición de phonotactics en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda