Definición de phosgene en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
- Alternative name: carbonyl chloride; chemical formula: COCl2
- New agents, notably phosgene (an asphyxiating agent) and mustard (a blister agent called a vesicant), had been developed and used.
- The primary gaseous agents used were chlorine, phosgene, a combination of the two, and mustard gas.
- However, its immediate precursor compound, thiodiglycol, is used industrially, although in quantities that don't come anywhere near chlorine or phosgene.
Early 19th century: from Greek phōs 'light' + -gen, with reference to its original production by the action of sunlight on chlorine and carbon monoxide.
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.