1Light emitted by a substance without combustion or perceptible heat: the stones overhead gleamed with phosphorescence
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Another boat chugged past and at that moment our world exploded in hissing silvery blue, the sea whisking and shining in a turmoil of a bustle of fish and phosphorescence, like coins gleaming in a dark, still pool.
- A large cavern, lit only by the faintest glimmer of phosphorescence, was exposed, a vast lake in the centre.
- Since that time, phosphorescence has been used to describe substances that shine in the dark without burning.
1.1 Physics The emission of radiation in a similar manner to fluorescence but on a longer timescale, so that emission continues after excitation ceases.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Thermoluminescence is phosphorescence of a material due to heating.
- One piece of ore that missed the smelter contained some secondary willemite with a very long phosphorescence.
- The high degree of iodine substitution in this aromatic molecule facilitates intersystem crossing, and rose bengal exhibits significant phosphorescence.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of course, the use of electrons, photons, phosphorescent light and fluorescence microscopy largely remain a mystery to me, but not because their capacity for imaging is itself mysterious.
- Many diamonds are fluorescent and phosphorescent under ultraviolet radiation.
- All barites that fluoresce are phosphorescent for variable lengths of time after extended ultraviolet radiation exposure.
Palabras que riman con phosphorescenceacquiescence, adolescence, arborescence, coalescence, convalescence, deliquescence, effervescence, essence, evanescence, excrescence, florescence, fluorescence, incandescence, iridescence, juvenescence, luminescence, obsolescence, opalescence, pubescence, putrescence, quiescence, quintessence
Definición de phosphorescence en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda