- (Of a plant) synthesize sugars or other substances by means of photosynthesis: plants need to photosynthesize in order to grow [with object]: the algae photosynthesize food for themselvesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the Kearneysville orchards last summer, kaolin-coated trees photosynthesized up to 30 percent faster than uncoated trees, says Glenn.
- There is evidence that the stems of different Cuscuta species photosynthesize to varying degrees, and that the plastid genome is becoming reorganized.
- The weeds photosynthesise by releasing oxygen into the water during the day and taking it back in at night.
Más definiciones de photosynthesizeDefinición de photosynthesize en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.