Definición de phototroph en inglés:
An organism that uses energy from sunlight to synthesize organic compounds for nutrition.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Hints for this comes from a recent publication showing that 15 genes that are limited to the plastid genome in all other eukaryotic phototrophs are nucleus encoded in a peridinin-containing dinoflagellate.
- Symbiosis with unicellular phototrophs has existed in anthozoans at least since the Triassic (225 million years ago) and likely constitutes a source of selective pressures that have deeply modified the host's physiology.
- Consequently, numerous marine phototrophs, including macro- and microalgae, have developed carbon-concentrating mechanisms.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- By contrast, no linkage was detected in crosses with the five class II mutant strains since phototrophic recombinants were recovered at high frequency.
- Overall, the results stress the importance of both heterotrophic and phototrophic metabolisms when considering environmental controls on the structure of bacterial communities in the sea.
- Synthesis of the full spectrum of flavour precursors may resume if the callus is allowed to redifferentiate or regain a capacity for phototrophic metabolism.
Definición de phototroph en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda