Definición de phototropism en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The orientation of a plant or other organism in response to light, either towards the source of light ( positive phototropism) or away from it ( negative phototropism). Compare with heliotropism, phototaxis.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The nucleus-localized, flavin-binding gene products, CRY1 and CRY2 are involved in several blue light responses, including phototropism.
- Like other interactions between organisms and their environments, plant phototropism can be thought of as a process involving three phases: perception, transduction and response.
- One of the earliest noted auxin effects was in phototropism, the curvature of stems toward a light source.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- At the end of the blue light treatment, wild-type hypocotyls showed curvatures of about 60°C and red-fluorescing chloroplasts in the phototropic arch (not shown).
- Blue-light reception in plants leads to phototropic plant movement, chloroplast relocation, and opening of stomatal guard cells.
- Phototropins and homologs, recently renamed Phot proteins, comprise a class of blue-light receptors that are involved in phototropic plant movement, chloroplast relocation, and stomatal opening in guard cells.
Definición de phototropism en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda