A common and invasive tall reed.
- Genus Phragmites, family Gramineae: several species, in particular the common or Norfolk reed
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cattails and bulrushes will replace the invasive phragmites that have choked the waterways.
- Below, the greens of windswept reeds and phragmites are intersected constantly by the twisting, interlocking Hackensack and Passaic Rivers, canal drainages, raised highways and railroad tracks.
- Zebra mussels, phragmites, and exotic snails are but a few of the more pervasive impediments to the recovery of some listed species.
modern Latin, from Greek phragmitēs 'growing in hedges', from phragma 'hedge'.
Definición de phragmites en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.