sustantivo (plural phraseologies)
A particular mode of expression, especially one characteristic of a particular speaker or subject area: legal phraseology
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the air since January 2, it is, to use the cliched phraseology, a television show with a difference in the sense that it has Ruby playing a double role in all the episodes.
- Even in social circles there are serious attempts to change some words and phraseologies to remove the connotations that these terminologies have acquired over a long time.
- I know that my phraseology and way of putting things is sometimes a bit direct.
wording, choice of words, phrasing, usage, idiom, diction, parlance, words, language, vocabulary, terminology; jargon, patter, cant, -speak, dialect, vernacular, argot, patois, style, way of speaking/writing, manner of speaking/writing, style of speech/writing, mode of speech/writing; Frenchfaçon de parler
mid 17th century: from modern Latin phraseologia, from Greek phraseōn, genitive plural of phrasis 'a phrase' + -logia (see -logy).
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He'd made a really good ‘black men in the USA’ comment in an insightful manner about being stigmatised, but then in literally the next sentence he undid his good phraseological work.
- TPM Reader AK writes in with a splendid bit of lexical or phraseological insight.
- As a one more deft stroke of his phraseological felicity, Vajpayee has pulled off a statement that hones itself to everybody's satisfaction.