- 1A poisonous substance derived from a plant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While I have focused on insecticide resistance, Drosophila species have been shown resistance to other toxicants, including phytotoxins in their natural diet and certain metal ions whose presence has increased in the environment.
- Rather than phytotoxins (poisonous plant compounds), the plant is protected by vicious stinging ants (Azteca sp.) that live within the hollow stems.
- 1.1A substance that is phytotoxic, especially one produced by a parasite.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The mechanisms by which such deleterious rhizosphere bacteria operate include the production of phytotoxins and phytohormones, competition for nutrients, and the inhibition of mycorrhizal fungi.
- In addition, an invading fungus may produce stress-inducing chemicals, such as phytotoxins, resulting in significant stress and damage to the host cells.
- We concluded that the roots responded to these phytotoxins by inducing barriers in the vulnerable, permeable parts, with the result that less toxin is absorbed.
Más definiciones de phytotoxinDefinición de phytotoxin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.