Definición de piaffe en inglés:
(also piaffer /pɪˈafə/) A movement performed in advanced dressage and classical riding, in which the horse executes a slow elevated trot without moving forward: a piaffe calls for more collection than a measured trot [mass noun]: he showed a lot of potential in passage and piaffe
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Stopping in the center of the arena they performed a piaffe worthy of international competition.
- She recently worked with a clinician to teach her horse half-steps, which precede training the piaffe.
- The horse is taken through a series of tests, such as the pirouette, piaffe and passage, in a walk, trot and canter.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
(Of a horse) perform a piaffe.
- "My daughter once saw a professional whose horse piaffed backward out of the ring," she says.
- The stallion piaffed, cantered, did shoulders-in and half-passes.
- Milo obediently piaffed and passaged, and I was very proud of him and keen to show his talent for the difficult work.
mid 18th century: from French piaffer 'to strut'.
Definición de piaffe en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary