- formal term for piano1.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All daughters were expected to learn the pianoforte - one of the few disciplines, along with sewing, embroidering and housekeeping, that society permitted them to pursue.
- Toy musical instruments, including French horns, trumpets, violins, pianofortes, flutes, and drums, numbered 17,622; small horses, horsemen, and soldiers, from drummers to lancers, over 3,000.
- He is plagued by his poor relationship with his father who dragged him about Europe as a child performing pieces on cloth covered pianofortes from the age of 5 to his early teens.
mid 18th century: from Italian, earlier piano e forte 'soft and loud', expressing the gradation in tone.
Más definiciones de pianoforteDefinición de pianoforte en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.