- 1A public square or marketplace, especially in an Italian town.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Here, folks stop to ‘take a coffee’ in one of the town's many piazzas, or public squares, as well as chat with friends during the nightly passeggiata, or evening stroll.
- Beaches are popular recreation areas, especially with young people, who also enjoy ‘hanging out’ at the local piazza, or town square.
- He said the proposed office blocks and apartments would be linked to the city centre and included a number of public squares, parks and piazzas.
- 2US • archaic The veranda of a house.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The family also built a new detached kitchen directly behind the rear piazza and converted the fireplaces in the principal rooms of the main floor to coal.
- Replicated in countless subsequent homes and public buildings, the piazza acts as a graceful connector between indoors and out.
- Enjoy your beautifully landscaped yard from your rear piazza, or your side gazebo as the warm island breezes encircles your family with comfort.
late 16th century: Italian.
Más definiciones de piazzaDefinición de piazza en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.