Definición de pickings en inglés:
1Profits or gains that are made effortlessly or dishonestly: thieves found easy pickings in the underprotected bedsits
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It did not take him long to realise that much of the system of locum recruitment and payment was infected by barely controlled chaos and promised the dishonest rich pickings.
- But by warning people that burglars are on the prowl, it is hoped the criminals will not be able to take advantage of any easy pickings.
- Gas companies profit when oil prices rise, and face slim pickings indeed when times are rough.
2Remaining scraps or leftovers.
- From there they would get first pickings at the garbage.
- For those that fail, the remaining pickings may be small.
- Ive been out on several mini forays where many large families have obviously harvested there before me and the remaining pickings were thin.
Definición de pickings en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia