1The baked pastry crust of a pie.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The book doesn't just have recipes; it has the science of piecrusts, fillings, and toppings (meringues, whipped creams) laid out in excruciating detail for those of us who are still struggling to live up to our mothers.
- There's a lantern procession, carols and much feasting on stargazy pie with pilchard heads poking through the piecrust.
- Why, they're two of the finest cooks who ever blancoed a burnt piecrust.
1.1 [mass noun] North American Shortcrust pastry: my mother was rolling out pie crust on the table
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Roll out your favorite piecrust about 1/4 inch thick or less.
- Fourthly, although I am not one for making the world's best pastry, I'd read about Shuna's easy to make piecrust and concluded that her interesting-sounding method looked like a fun one to try out.
- Unfold refrigerated piecrusts to make pot pies, Jamaican patties, empanadas and apple turnovers.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pie crust
Definición de pie crust en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda