Work paid for according to the amount produced: workers did piecework at home [as modifier]: he was paid on a piecework basis
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By the 1930s, British factory owners had worked out their own variants of labour control which featured piecework incentives combined with the use of skilled labour.
- Taylor assumed that piecework incentives would discourage opportunism because workers would be motivated to maximize their earnings.
- It turns out that prevailing piecework rates worked out to less than the minimum wage, so it's hardly surprising that people didn't want to take them.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These pieceworkers are hired to perform work at a job site such as installing drywall or tape to a particular number of homes.
- Mexicans were horrified to learn that perishing inside those structures were hundreds of hyperexploited seamstresses and other pieceworkers crammed into more than 500 illegal sweatshops.
- He sees the writer beginning as a cultural worker, a pieceworker in a cottage industry, who must enter into a ‘fiduciary’ relationship with agents and publishers, middlemen, in order to find an audience and earn a living.
Definición de piecework en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.