A gentle slope leading from the foot of mountains to a region of flat land.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Remove the top ½ to 1 inch of new growth about every four weeks from the time the plant is 6 inches tall until early July in the upper piedmont and mountains, up to early August at the coast.
- Presbyterianism was brought to America primarily by the Scots and the Scots-Irish, who emigrated not to New England but to the mid-Atlantic and the South, and westward into the piedmont of the Appalachian mountains.
- Black walnut is found pretty much throughout the piedmont and mountain area of Georgia but never in great concentrations.
Mid 19th century: from Italian piemonte 'mountain foot' (see Piedmont).
Palabras que riman con piedmontBeaumont • Hellespont
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He speaks with authority, in Italian (with a strong Piedmontese peasant accent) and French, a warm, inspiring man fired up with passion for good food and anger about its debasement.
- A Piedmontese meal can be a protracted experience with up to thirty antipasti, which they call assaggi followed by numerous substantial courses.
- Its past glories had been essentially regional: Piedmontese, Milanese, Venetian, Genoese, Florentine, Neapolitan, Sicilian, not Italian.
Pronunciación: /piːdmɒnˈtiːz/sustantivo& adjetivo
From Italian piemonte 'mountain foot'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda