- As soon as she touched it, she felt a sharp splinter pierce her thumb.
- Once the skins are removed, pierce a cross shape in the root ends with the tip of a sharp knife - this will keep the shallots whole as they cook.
- She bit her lip, digging her sharp canine into the soft skin, piercing it all the harder as she lapsed into deeper thought.
- Transfer to a wire rack and pierce a tiny hole in each gougère using a sharp knife, to release any trapped steam.
- The holes would be pierced right through all the sheets.
- Rain bars are long tubes pierced with spray holes.
- Both ears were pierced, but she wore no earrings.
- She had pierced ears but wore neither studs nor earrings and there was no jewellery.
- There is a scene in which he must pierce her ears to wear the borrowed earring, and it is shockingly erotic.
- Their die-straight tunnels pierce the most awesome rock barriers nonchalantly.
- An irregular elongated window pierces the massive back wall.
- When it was built, the south church was constructed against the south wall of the earlier nuns' chapel, which was later pierced by arches.
- Her voice pierced the Fire Master's ears, sending sparks of fury through his body.
- Similar displays contrived by architects occur on almost any sunny day inside many cathedrals, when the sun pierces the highest windows and a thousand rays gleam down on the altar.
- The continuous clicking of shutters pierced the icy Alpine air.
pierce someone's heart
- Affect someone keenly or deeply: pure love had pierced her heart I felt pierced to the heart, dejected and lonelyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Even when reduced to tears, he doesn't pierce your heart.
- But there's no way he could convey to us what he felt and what anguish and anxiety was piercing his heart.
- Today, however, she said something that just pierced my heart.
Middle English: from Old French percer, based on Latin pertus- 'bored through', from the verb pertundere, from per 'through' + tundere 'thrust'.
Palabras que riman con pierceBierce, fierce, Pearce, Peirce, tierce
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pierce
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.