sustantivo (plural pikemen)• historical
- 1The keeper of a turnpike.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, at most gates they would employ a pikeman to collect the tolls and would allow for this cost in their bid for the lease.
- The work of the pikemen they employed is described in evidence to a Select Committee in 1836.
- 2A soldier armed with a pike.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He organised his troops, placing the shields before the pikemen and the spearmen.
- The firepower of an infantry company was increased by a third as the pikemen were phased out and issued with muskets and bayonets.
- He was an unlimited supreme commander, but he also risked loss of blood along with his most humble pikeman.
Más definiciones de pikemanDefinición de pikeman en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.