Definición de pikestaff en inglés:
The wooden shaft of a pike.
- The judge will refrain from any references to his quill, or his gavel, or his pikestaff, and allow the defendant to be released to spread its insidious gospel.
- Stick your head through and hey presto, it looks to have been impaled on a pikestaff above York's royal gateway.
- Skewered on a pikestaff high above the city, the silenced heads spoke eloquently of the fate awaiting those who dared plot against rulers of city and country.
(as) plain as a pikestaff
- But after the battering that it has taken this week, it is as plain as a pikestaff that most observers will be lining up with the Department of Finance on this one.
- The Attorney General filed an immediate petition to rehear saying "it is as plain as a pikestaff that a judge has no authority to impose a sentence above the presumptive minimum unless an enhancement factor is found."
- "It is plain as a pikestaff, is it not, say the Crown that this attack on Mr Turner was committed by men who had looked for and found weapons and had chosen a fence as a suitable source for those weapons.
[alteration of as plain as a packstaff, the staff being that of a pedlar, on which he rested his pack of wares]
Definición de pikestaff en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary