Definición de pikestaff en inglés:
The wooden shaft of a pike.
- The judge will refrain from any references to his quill, or his gavel, or his pikestaff, and allow the defendant to be released to spread its insidious gospel.
- Stick your head through and hey presto, it looks to have been impaled on a pikestaff above York's royal gateway.
- Skewered on a pikestaff high above the city, the silenced heads spoke eloquently of the fate awaiting those who dared plot against rulers of city and country.
(as) plain as a pikestaff
- But after the battering that it has taken this week, it is as plain as a pikestaff that most observers will be lining up with the Department of Finance on this one.
- The Attorney General filed an immediate petition to rehear saying "it is as plain as a pikestaff that a judge has no authority to impose a sentence above the presumptive minimum unless an enhancement factor is found."
- "It is plain as a pikestaff, is it not, say the Crown that this attack on Mr Turner was committed by men who had looked for and found weapons and had chosen a fence as a suitable source for those weapons.
[alteration of as plain as a packstaff, the staff being that of a pedlar, on which he rested his pack of wares]
Words that rhyme with pikestaffcenotaph
Definición de pikestaff en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan