- A Middle Eastern or Indian dish of rice (or sometimes wheat) cooked in stock with spices, typically having added meat or vegetables.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There's also oxtail on the menu, as well as rice pilau, and, if you call ahead, the owner will make ginger beer.
- Although most of the foods are traditional, new additions like Kashmiri naan and pulao have been added to the list in recent times.
- Festive rice dishes include pulao, a fragrant dish of mildly spiced rice with peas or dried fruits, and biryani, which consists of rice and meat marinated in yogurt and spices.
early 17th century: Persian pulaw, pilāv, Hindi pulāv, from Sanskrit pulāka 'ball of rice', probably from Dravidian. Compare with pilaf.
Más definiciones de pilauDefinición de pilau en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.