Definición de pilot whale en inglés:
A toothed whale that has black skin with a grey anchor-shaped marking on the chin, a low dorsal fin, and a square bulbous head. Also called blackfish.
- Genus Globicephala, family Delphinidae: the short-finned G. macrorhyncus of subtropical waters, and the long-finned G. melas of temperate waters
- Length seems to be of biological importance for the common dolphin, the pilot whale, and the harbor porpoise.
- In June, along the shoreline of Mauritania, in northwest Africa, scientists made a gruesome discovery: the carcasses of 230 dolphins, a pilot whale, and 15 endangered hawksbill and leatherback sea turtles.
- Despite their names, some of these are really types of dolphin, as is the short-finned pilot whale.
Definición de pilot whale en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan