The little finger.
- She chewed grimly on the fingernail of her little pinkie, narrowing her eyebrows in frustration.
- On a normal keyboard, the resting position for my left hand has my pinkie and ring finger touching the side of the keyboard.
- The nails on her pinkie and index finger were crushed.
sustantivo (plural pinkies)informal
2 (usually pinkies) The maggot of the greenbottle fly, used as fishing bait.
- Squatts and pinkies should therefore be added to the bait bill as a back up should the canal come into play.
- I was once put to shame by a top class canal angler who only had a quarter of a pint of pinkies and less than that of casters.
- On the Nene in particular, red or fluorescent pinkies are very good colours.
late 19th century: from pink2, of obscure origin.