Definición de pint en inglés:
1A unit of liquid or dry capacity equal to one eighth of a gallon, in Britain equal to 0.568 litre and in the US equal to 0.473 litre (for liquid measure) or 0.551 litre (for dry measure).
- I still talk about acres, yards, feet and inches; not forgetting gallons and pints and also hundredweights pounds and ounces.
- The liter and its fractions have vanquished quarts, pints, and gallons, while the pound is still holding its own in things such as produce.
- The milk is available in gallons, half gallons, quarts and pints.
1.1British informal A pint of beer: we’ll probably go for a pint on the way home
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Beer drinkers in York today raised a glass to the city's publicans, after it emerged they were getting some of the best-value pints in Britain.
- Protestations that ‘we've only had four’ rang hollow as we remembered each Stein equals a couple of pints.
- As afternoon faded into evening, the flow of pints became a gentle flood, noses reddened and smiles stretched closer to each ear.
1.3British A measure of shellfish, the amount containable in a pint mug.
- Shrimp were first choice, priced by the pint or quart here and by the dozen there, but I threw pilchards or finger mullet when time and tide were right.
- In Texas, shrimp on the hoof are sold in pints and quarts.
late Middle English: from Old French pinte, of unknown origin.
Definición de pint en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia