- A fine white clay, used especially for making tobacco pipes or for whitening leather.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Neither pipeclay nor blanco reacted well to rain, and many men who fought at Waterloo, where it rained heavily the night before the battle, had uniforms streaked with pipeclay.
- A small pipeclay lion was found, with traces of brown glaze on the mane.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Whiten (leather) with pipeclay.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The infantryman carried a substantial ammunition pouch, bayonet, water-bottle, and ‘snapsack’ for a day's rations suspended from broad cross-belts, usually made of buff leather and pipeclayed to inconvenient whiteness.
- The dye also ran, but as long as your crossbelts were pipeclayed and hair powdered, who cared if you were dressed in a fetching shade of pink?
- Well! it was a Saturday night, and I'd my baize apron on, and the tails of my bed-gown pinned together behind, down on my knees, pipeclaying the kitchen, when a knock comes to the back door.
Más definiciones de pipeclayDefinición de pipeclay en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.