- An aquatic or marsh plant with leafless stems bearing heads of inconspicuous flowers, native to western Ireland, the Hebrides, and North America.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Eriocaulon aquaticum, family Eriocaulaceae
- The pipewort family, whose plants put forth a single flower head on one stem, is well represented by three kinds of pipeworts, at least two kinds of bog-buttons, and one species of hatpins.
- Nonwoody plants in or near the water include arrow arum, bulltongue arrowhead, foxtail club moss, golden club, Jamaica swamp saw grass, pipewort, royal fern, tall pinebarren milkwort, and several kinds of sedges and rushes.
- Other rare taxa associated with long's bittercress in Massachusetts include parker's pipewort, river arrowhead, and estuary beggar-ticks.
Más definiciones de pipewortDefinición de pipewort en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.