(also pipistrelle bat)
Definición de pipistrelle en inglés:
A small insectivorous Old World bat with jerky, erratic flight.
- Genus Pipistrellus, family Vespertilionidae: numerous species, including P. pipistrellus, which is the commonest bat in Eurasia
- The jerky flight of the pipistrelle gave rise to the ancient name for bats - the flittermouse.
- Western pipistrelles and Mexican free-tailed bats have staked their own claim on the chutes and shafts.
- In the United Kingdom, pipistrelles and long eared bats have to date not been found to harbour European bat lyssaviruses.
Definición de pipistrelle en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan