Definición de piquant en inglés:
1Having a pleasantly sharp taste or appetizing flavour: a piquant tartare sauce
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Herbs and spices add a piquant taste that ketchup can't match.
- This cheese usually has tangy, piquant, spicy and peppery flavor.
- I've had this several times before and it has always been superb, a tasty combination of sweet and piquant flavours.
1.1Pleasantly stimulating or exciting to the mind.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Milton Hatoum transports us to a magical boomtown, full of shimmering light, tropical colour and piquant incident.
- It consists of large, wall-painted versions of his witty or piquant statements, realised in a variety of typefaces and colours.
- It may be of piquant interest that The Fourth Wall uses the conceit of a parallel between the heroine and Shaw's Saint Joan, a device currently put to infinitely better use in Lanford Wilson's Book of Days.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In this well-written, lively, evocative memoir, she has produced a work that is as piquantly entertaining as her rasam recipe.
- Sillito and the Academy give the agile and melting Petri excellent support, and while the engineering is warm, it allows the piquantly penetrating characters of the recorders to come through.
- What piquantly captured the imagination of each, from competitor to consumer-to straw boss to newly outsourced consultant, was how all-inclusive the bench warrant was.
Pronunciación: /ˈpiːkɒntli/ /ˈpiːkəntli/adverbio
Early 16th century (in the sense 'severe, bitter'): from French, literally 'stinging, pricking', present participle of piquer.
Palabras que riman con piquantbacchant • peccant • vacant
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda