1An act of spinning on one foot, typically with the raised foot touching the knee of the supporting leg.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- By the end of that week, I could consistently execute quadruple pirouettes to both right and left.
- In classical ballet pirouettes are executed on pointe, as are arabesques.
- Laurie, in her ecstatic state, executed a pirouette, and began to sing in earnest.
1.1A movement performed in advanced dressage and classical riding, in which the horse makes a circle by pivoting on a hind leg, while cantering.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The horse needs sufficient impulsion for the work that is being asked of him, i.e. cantering a 20 metre circle requires much less impulsion than performing a canter pirouette.
- They got a bit bogged down near the end of the performance during a final pirouette in piaffe, but overall featured a strong technique.
- The trainer, unfazed by Dansk's apparent aggression, manages to persuade the animal to kneel, walks on its backside and performs pirouettes.
Perform a pirouette: she pirouetted and made a bow
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She twirled and pirouetted with her arms outstretched to catch the gliding snowflakes.
- The tenor saxophonist wore his baseball hat backwards as he pirouetted and moonwalked across the front of the stage.
- Laughing like a child, Noel made the boxers dance, pirouetting lightly across the carpet.
Mid 17th century: from French, literally 'spinning top', of unknown ultimate origin.
Palabras que riman con pirouetteabet, aiguillette, anisette, Annette, Antoinette, arête, Arlette, ate, baguette, banquette, barbette, barrette, basinet, bassinet, beget, Bernadette, beset, bet, Bette, blanquette, Brett, briquette, brochette, brunette (US brunet), Burnett, cadet, caravanette, cassette, castanet, charette, cigarette (US cigaret), clarinet, Claudette, Colette, coquette, corvette, couchette, courgette, croquette, curette, curvet, Debrett, debt, dinette, diskette, duet, epaulette (US epaulet), flageolet, flannelette, forget, fret, galette, gazette, Georgette, get, godet, grisette, heavyset, Jeanette, jet, kitchenette, La Fayette, landaulet, launderette, layette, lazaret, leatherette, let, Lett, lorgnette, luncheonette, lunette, Lynette, maisonette, majorette, maquette, Marie-Antoinette, marionette, Marquette, marquisette, martinet, met, minaret, minuet, moquette, motet, musette, Nanette, net, noisette, nonet, novelette, nymphet, octet, Odette, on-set, oubliette, Paulette, pet, Phuket, picquet, pillaret, pincette, pipette, piquet, planchette, pochette, quartet, quickset, quintet, regret, ret, Rhett, roomette, rosette, roulette, satinette, septet, serviette, sestet, set, sett, sextet, silhouette, soubrette, spinet, spinneret, statuette, stet, stockinet, sublet, suffragette, Suzette, sweat, thickset, threat, Tibet, toilette, tret, underlet, upset, usherette, vedette, vet, vignette, vinaigrette, wagonette, wet, whet, winceyette, yet, Yvette
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: pirou|ette
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda